Knowing yourself and your strengths and weaknesses is something I think is really important. I think it’s a good idea to sit down and really analyse yourself and it’s something I do quite a lot. So, here it is, my honest opinion – what I like and don’t like about myself.
– I’m loyal. I don’t understand fickle people. Once I’m your friend I’m your friend for life and I’ll always be there for you.
– I have a positive outlook on life. I’m rarely in a bad mood and when I am it doesn’t last for long!
– I’m thick skinned. Other peoples’ opinions of me mean pretty much nothing to me. I know myself.
– I’m practical. I have my feet on the ground and I don’t entertain flights of fancy. I’m good at making solid plans for what I want to achieve.
– I’m organised. I make lists and everything has a place.
– I’m adventurous. I like to try new things, take risks and step out of my comfort zone.
– I have a good sense of humour and I can laugh at myself.
– I’m true to myself. I’m not afraid to be a lone wolf and stand up for what I believe it.
– I’m independent. I don’t need to rely on anyone for anything, I do it myself.
The not so good:
– I can be insensitive. This is the major one for me. I find it hard to relate to the general everyday problems that people have because to me they’re not problems. I have a kind of “get over it” mentality and I’m working on trying to understand people a bit better.
– I’m emotionally detached and cold. I never cry and I struggle to form bonds with people.
– I’m stubborn. I hate asking for help or admitting that I have a problem.
– I’m sometimes judgemental. I really try not to be but I know I am.
– I’m materialistic. Outward appearances like clothes and makeup are important to me, probably more important than they should be.
– I’m impatient. I don’t like waiting for anything, I don’t like going over the same things over and over again.
Nobody is perfect and our personalities make us who we are, including the bad parts. It’s up to each individual to recognise our flaws and decide whether we need to work on them or not. I’m lucky that the people close to me accept my weaknesses as well as my strengths and I hope they see that the good outweighs the bad (most of the time. 😂)