As most of you are probably aware, I’m a bit of a social media addict. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, pinterest, I’m on them all. I’ve moved house a ridiculous amount of times so it’s an easy way to stay in contact with everyone (plus I’m a bit of a nosey cow and I like keeping up to date on what’s going on. 👀)
One thing I absolutely cannot STAND though (and I’m seeing more and more often these days) is that people seem obsessed with so-called “relationship goals”. Everywhere I look there are people posting pictures of “cute” little couples doing perfectly average stuff like holding hands or hugging or something and everyone is all “omg relationship goals!!!!!!”
I don’t really understand this fixation everyone has on the perfect relationship (if such a thing exists, which it doesn’t). I find it pretty sad that people are more concerned about finding a boyfriend/girlfriend than they are about focusing on their own life goals, especially when the majority of my social media “friends” are under 30.
I’ve been doing some thinking about my own life goals and I think it’s important to have a plan as to how I’m going to achieve them. I wrote out a list of everything I want to do before I turn 30 which I thought I’d post here:
1. Become a qualified social worker – finished my access course last month and am waiting for the results. Can start applying for unis in September 🙌
2. Look like Taylor Vertucci (ha!) – I need to go hard on the weights for this, I’ve started eating seriously clean and will start going to the gym 3 times a week when my son starts nursery in September.
3. Cosmetic surgery – I’ve not kept it a secret that I’m planning to get a boob job and I’m debating lip fillers as well. Basically a case of saving every penny I can!
4. Learn to drive – I was spectacularly bad at this on the few lessons that I had but I realise it will probably be a necessity the older my son gets. I’m gonna leave it a year or two and then go back to it.
5. The most important one on my list: be the best mother I can possibly be! I hope I’m doing an OK job on this so far, it’s not always easy but definitely the most rewarding experience I’ve ever had.
These 5 things are what are important in my life. Anything else is just a bonus. So you guys can keep your “relationship goals” because I’ve got bigger plans than that. And I don’t plan to stop until I’ve got it all 😘